An affiliate of the National Science Teachers Association, LSTA strives to maintain close ties with other state science teacher organizations in an effort to remain abreast of current issues and challenges facing science education.
Membership in LSTA ensures that science educators have a forum for promoting science education. The LSTA newsletters, LASER and FOCUS, apprise members of the status of science education in Louisiana as well as nationally. LSTA members receive numerous benefits, including:
- An annual conference that highlights award-winning presentations, share-a-thons, networking opportunities, exhibits, etc
- Advance announcements of local, state, and national professional development opportunities
- Grant availability notifications
- Recognition of outstanding service to science education
- Membership affiliation with NSTA
- Representation on various science advisory councils, including the Louisiana Department of Education.
Exercise your right to have a voice in science education issues &
become an active member today!