Population Education Summer Leadership Training Institute
July 14-16, 2017 – Morrilton, Arkansas
Are you interested in sharing dynamic, interdisciplinary curricula with educators?
Since 1990, Population Education has been hosting train-the-trainer Institutes to prepare educators to facilitate workshops using our hands-on activities. During the Institute, we will …
- Demonstrate a range of teaching activities
- Share presentation ideas
- Discuss the many social and ecological issues related to population growth and resource use
The learning sessions and materials are designed to prepare educators to present Population Education workshops to teachers and future teachers. The Institute is a must for:
- Science, social studies, and math education faculty
- Nonformal educators who work with teachers at zoos and nature centers
- K-12 teachers and curriculum specialists who present present professional development
Participants will receive:
- An extensive handbook of training materials
- The latest edition of our award-winning “dot” DVD, World Population
- Gift bag full of Population Education curricula
For those chosen to attend the Institute, Population Connection will cover two nights lodging in a private room at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute for Friday and Saturday, as well as all meals for the weekend. A travel reimbursement of up to $500 will be available.
How to apply:
An application is available on our website, www.populationeducation.org. From the home screen, click on the Leadership Institute link under the Trainers Network tab. Space is limited and spots for our facilitator trainings always fill up quickly. Priority will be given to those applicants who will have clear opportunities during the 2017-2018 school year and beyond to facilitate workshops. The application deadline is March 7, 2017.